Dr. Andy Woods (Bible prophecy expert)
Outside of my husband Brent Spiner, who studies at Dallas Theological Seminary, Dr. Andy Woods is a preacher whose views align closest to mine. By coincidence, Dr. Woods is a Dallas Theological Seminary graduate. I find his sermons useful because I love Bible prophecy and this is a subject he tackles on a regular basis. After reading the Bible from cover to cover hundreds of times, Dr. Woods seems the most accurate in his interpretation of Bible prophecy. Every now and then he will comment on current events, too, because he is a lawyer. Eventually, I will get back to work on my novel Silver Skies 1996 Version, where the last third is set in the tribulation. What I learn from Dr. Woods, in combination with my own Bible for Tribulation Saints (with actual 21st century words from Jesus), will help me to create the plot and ending for my novel. I hope to make this Silver Skies novel a prophecy and, therefore, useful to the tribulation saints. Chafer Theological Seminary is closest to my theological positions on most issues. Grace Global Radio is unique, in that its programming both grounds believers, and evangelizes the lost with expositors who embrace a classic dispensational grace theology.
- Philippians 08. Quit Living in the Past. Phil 3:7-14. Dr Andy Woods
- The Rapture Sermon Series 08: Revelation 6:16-17. Rescued from Wrath.
- PPOV 123. COVID-19 & World Transformation (part 8)
- Philippians 07. The Great Exchange. Phil. 3:1-6. Dr Andy Woods
- The Rapture Sermon Series 07. Who Are the 24 Elders in Revelation 4:4? Dr Andy Woods
- PPOV 122. Covid-19 and World Transformation (Part 7)
- 2 Peter 017. Keep Growing. 2 Peter 3:16b-18. Dr. Andy Woods
- Philippians 06. Three Ordinary Guys. Philippians 2:17-30. Dr Andy Woods
- The Rapture Sermon Series 06. When is the Rapture? - part 2. Dr Andy Woods
- PPOV 121. COVID-19 & World Transformation (part 6)
- 2 Peter 016. God's Limitless Grace. 2 Peter 3:15b-16a. Dr. Andy Woods
- Philippians 05. Practicing Servanthood. Philippians 2:12-16. Dr Andrew Woods
- The Rapture Sermon Series 05. When is the Rapture? - part 1. Dr Andrew Woods
- PPOV 120. Covid-19 & World Transformation (part 5)
- 2 Peter 015. The Relevance of the Future. 2 Peter 3:11-15a
Dr. Robert Dean (West Houston Bible Church)
- 214 - God Provides for David [B]-1st and 2nd Samuel (2015)
Is there a pattern between David’s flight from Absalom that parallels Christ’s journey on His last night before the Crucifixion? Find out eight points that show the similarities. See how Hushai cleverly counters Ahithophel’s advice to kill David and what he urges David to do. See Ahithophel’s tragic end when he realizes what has happened. Today, we need to realize that we are being provided for by God just as David and his followers were cared for during this difficult time.
- 067 - Gentile Deficits [B]-Ephesians (2018)
What is the purpose of baptism in the Christian life? Listen to this lesson to learn that it is not a part of being saved but is an identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Hear a history of baptism in the church and how Bible translators added at times to the confusion. Find out if “old man” refers to our sin nature. Hear two out of five characteristics of Gentiles before the Church Age. Let this lesson remind you how much God has given all believers during this dispensation.
- 02 - Essentials of a Judeo-Christian Worldview-How Should We Then Vote? (2020)
Are you wondering what a worldview is? Listen to this lesson to hear that everyone has a view of the world which is how you look at life. See that the foundation of your worldview is what determines your values and actions. Learn four basic areas of worldviews and six planks of the Judeo-Christian worldview. Find out what it means to believe in a personal God and why that is a game changer.
- 213 - God Makes Straight Paths [B]-1st and 2nd Samuel (2015)
When all around you is uncertain, where should you turn for help? Listen to this lesson to hear about a time when David appeared to be in a hopeless situation. Find out how God worked behind the scenes for him as his former counselor, Ahithophel, gave Absalom excellent advice which should have been followed. When we face a crisis, we need to accept that God is sovereign and we can trust Him to provide the help we need.
- 066 - The “Uncircumcision” vs. the “Circumcision” [B]-Ephesians (2018)
What is the meaning of circumcision and what is its importance? Listen to this lesson to learn about its beginning with Abraham. Hear seven points that explain it. See what circumcision came to mean in the Second Temple period. Find out what an uncircumcised heart is and its meaning today.
- 01 - How Should We Then Vote?-How Should We Then Vote? (2020)
Can the Bible help us to decide how we should vote? Listen to this lesson that begins a new series on understanding and applying a Judeo-Christian worldview. Hear two verses in Proverbs that show the importance of having a righteous standard as the foundation of a nation. Find out where this standard comes from. See the four ways of thinking that help us come to conclusions. Use this opportunity to learn what a good, wise government looks like. During this lesson Dr. Dean mentioned the book “The Universe Next Door” by James Sires.
- 212 - Arrogance Goes Before a Fall [B]-1st and 2nd Samuel (2015)
Did you ever have someone close to you turn against you? Listen to this lesson to hear how not only David’s son, but also his trusted advisor overthrew him and sent him fleeing from Jerusalem. In this chaotic atmosphere David had to decide whether to give in to fear and despair or to believe God’s promises. Today we face tremendous upheaval and we, too, need to remember that God is sovereign and His plan is being fulfilled in the world.
- 065 - What IS the CHURCH? [B]-Ephesians (2018)
What qualifications are there to become a member of the Church? Listen to this lesson to learn that God builds His Church His way and all who have believed in Christ as their Savior are members. Learn the difference between the universal Church and individual local churches. Hear a number of ways the word “church” is used in the New Testament and find out that it never refers to a building. See when the Church began and when it will end.
- 211 - The Self Destruction of Arrogance [B]-1st and 2nd Samuel (2015)
When a person or culture reject God’s truth, where do they turn for their values? Listen to this lesson to learn about mankind’s sin nature that results in arrogance without the truth of God’s Word. Find out about six arrogance skills that lead to a downward spiral of destruction. Hear about Shimei’s disrespectful, arrogant confrontation with David and how David responded in humility. Be on the alert for the deception of your own sin nature that must be countered by studying God’s Word.
- 064 - “I Will Build My Church” [B]-Ephesians (2018)
Everyone assumes they know what a church is but do they really understand the biblical use of the term? Listen to this lesson to learn that after Christ’s death and resurrection a new entity came into being. Hear five introductory facts about it and find out when the word “church” is first used in the Bible. See who builds the church and what makes it distinctive. When you believe in Christ as your Savior understand that you become a part of the church and are a new creation.
Rabbi/Writer Daniel Gordis
Dr. Daniel Gordis is Senior Vice President and the Koret Distinguished Fellow at Shalem College in Jerusalem. This is a thoughtful rabbi who I want to study to make my rabbi in Silver Skies 1996 Version like him. Raised as a Christian, he really helps me to understand how a thoughtful Jewish person perceives Israel. He is a regular columnist for Bloomberg Opinion. The author of numerous books on Jewish thought and currents in Israel, and a winner of the National Jewish Book Award, Dr. Gordis was the founding dean of the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies at the University of Judaism, the first rabbinical college on the West Coast of the United States. Dr. Gordis joined Shalem in 2007 to help found Israel’s first liberal arts college, after spending nine years as vice president of the Mandel Foundation in Israel and director of its Leadership Institute. Gordis is widely cited on matters pertaining to Israel. During the Gaza War of 2014, Bloomberg Views asked him to become a columnist explaining Israelis’ views of the conflict to the world at large. Professor Alan Dershowitz has called him “one of Israel’s most thoughtful observers,” while Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic has written, “If you asked me, ‘of all the people you know, who cares the most about the physical, moral and spiritual health of Israel?’ I would put the commentator and scholar Daniel Gordis at the top of the list.” Leonard Fein has written that Gordis is “perhaps the single most popular speaker on Israel to American Jewish audiences.” The Forward has called him “one of the most respected Israel analysts around.” In 2014, the Jerusalem Post listed him as one of the world’s 50 most influential Jews.
- A Discussion on Israel's Purpose: Dialogue between Daniel Gordis and Rabbi Bill Hamilton (Nov 2019)
- Daniel Gordis AIPAC Policy Conference 2019 1
- Daniel Gordis AIPAC Policy Conference 2019 2
- 70 Faces of Israel -- Relationship of American Jews and Israel (for JCCA Leadership)
- Daniel Gordis and Peter Beinart at Harvard Hillel Reisman Forum (Feb 7 2019)
- Peter Beinart & Daniel Gordis on Israel Hoffman Lecture
- Daniel Gordis at Yeshiva University on the Balfour Declaration
- Must See Israel Diversity at Ein Kerem
- From Zionism to Palestinian Self Determination
- How The Shoah Shapes Israeli Thought
- Like a DNA Strand Intertwined
- Art Poetry and the Soul of Israel
- Daniel Gordis in dialogue with ADL's Jonathan Greenblatt (Skirball Center, NY)
- What is Wrong with How We Have Told Israel's Story
- Raleigh Durham Nov 2016
The Christ in Prophecy Journal
- The New Factor Concerning the Signs of Nature (Part 2 of 3)The withdrawal from Gaza ended on August 22, 2005, and on the very next day, the government of Bermuda announced that a tropical depression had formed off its coast. Dubbed "Katrina". Continue reading→
- The New Factor Concerning the Signs of Nature (Part 1 of 3)Many of the judgments we have experienced have been directly related to a new factor—namely, our mistreatment of Israel. Continue reading→
- The Dead Deal of the CenturyPresident Trump's "Deal of the Century," which he presented in January for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, was dead on arrival. It was, in fact, a deal of absurdity. Continue reading→
- Homosexuality Can Be More Than A SinHow can homosexuality be more than a sin? Again, the answer is simple: Homosexuality can be a judgment of God. Continue reading→
- Apostasy on Steroids: Union Theological SeminaryUnion Theological Seminary in New York City has long been considered to be the citadel of Christian apostasy. Continue reading→
- Animals Know It And People Know ItSome call it premonition, others call it instinct, and still others describe it as the voice that speaks without using words. Continue reading→
- Acts of Nature Or Nuclear Weapons?One of the many cataclysms interpreted as an act of nature that should be assigned to technology involves the inevitable release of the world's nuclear arsenal. Continue reading→
- Does God Still Speak Through Signs of Nature? (Part 3 of 3)In Jesus' Olivet Discourse, delivered to His disciples on the Mount of Olives during the last week of His life, He specifically spoke of signs of nature to watch for in the end times. Continue reading→
- Does God Still Speak Through Signs of Nature? (Part 2 of 3)God has continued throughout history to use signs of nature to call nations to repentance. Continue reading→
- Does God Still Speak Through Signs of Nature? (Part 1 of 3)Those of us who specialize in the teaching of Bible prophecy, refer to all these natural disasters as "Signs of Nature." They constitute one of six categories of signs that the Bible tells us to watch for in the end times. Continue reading→
- A Warning About the Coronavirus JudgmentThe coronavirus is a remedial judgment of God upon the whole world to call the people of all nations to repentance before the return of Jesus. Continue reading→
- The World Is on Edge and Waiting for the Next Shoe to DropFrom a geopolitical perspective, other trends and developments point to grave possibilities lurking on the horizon. The Coronavirus pandemic could spark a much greater conflagration. Continue reading→
- The Coronavirus Pandemic: Judgment of God or Whim of Nature?Is this current pestilence a manifestation of God's holy judgment or is it an inevitable outcome of natural processes? Continue reading→
- Working the Prophecy PuzzleCritics of Bible prophecy referring to Revelation as a "Chinese puzzle." A Chinese puzzle is a mystery so intricate and challenging as to be unsolvable. Continue reading→
- Fighting an Unseen Enemy: Are You Vaccinated?The fact that life as all of us knew it in early 2020 was upended by a microscopic viral threat should warn us of another threat lurking unseen all around us. Continue reading→
- What is Your Exit Strategy? Are you Free from Satan’s Lock-Down?If you are wondering why you seem to be tossed about by life's storms, I'd encourage you to step back and consider this eternally important question: Are you free from Satan's spiritual lockdown? Continue reading→
Dallas Theological Seminary
- I Am Not the Gardner - Jake Gross
- DTS Chapel May 27, 2020 with Dr. Jake Gross
- Engaging in Difficult Conversations - Gary Barnes, Wendy Miller, and Darrell L. Bock
- DTS Chapel June 3, 2020 with Earnest Saint Victor
- God's Concern for the Vulnerable - Larry M. Dinkins
- Leadership in Uncertain Circumstances - Mark L. Bailey, Mark M. Yarbrough, and Darrell L.
- The Priority of Heaven - Mark M. Yarbrough
- Encountering Messianic Judaism - David Brickner and Mikel Del Rosario
- Mentoring Across Generations - Paul Sohn and Bill Hendricks
- Endurance - Michael Pocock
- Shepherd God's Flock - Philip Kwon
- From Paralysis to Blindness - Will Johnston
- The Thing You Can't Live Without, but Can Never Afford - Joshua J. Bleeker