In this recording Brent admits he’s not married to Loree and that they are utterly incompatible.
Can you imagine the Brent Spiner CLONE singing these songs? Brent made this album for me. It was his way of courting me in 1990-1991! I fell in love with a deep, committed, manly Texan. If I thought he was like his clone, I would have thrown him into the Pacific Ocean and HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. The clone is a California liberal FLAKE, the real Brent is deep, committed, manly and heroic. Do you think I would have stuck with Brent all these years, willing to risk the streets to maintain my relationship with him, if he was that horrible CLONE? When I fell in love with Brent, I was reading my Bible every day and had done so for years and went to church at least three times a week! No WAY would I have loved him if he was the CLONE. Brent was behind the Star Trek: The Next Generation called The Drumhead, which showed that he tried to help me keep my son from the state in 1990. That made a DEEP IMPRESSION on this devoted Christian girl. The CLONE would NEVER have done that for me!
I know Brent has a reputation as a comedian, and he’s actually quite funny. But he has a deep side, which he only shows to me and those he’s close to. The comedy side is to cover up the deep side, which he only feels safe showing to those who accept him unconditionally as he is. The clone HAS NO DEEP SIDE (though he tries to fake it and fails), and is utterly self-centered, so his jokes come off as snobby and arrogant. I have genius emotional I.Q. That clone doesn’t fool me a bit! Besides, I KNOW THE MAN I’VE LOVED SINCE 1990! I KNOW WHO HE IS, BECAUSE I RISKED THE STREETS TO MAINTAIN MY COMMUNICATION WITH HIM. Brent is a genuinely humble person.
WHAT GAIL WANTS IN A MAN (written in 2002):
WHAT I WANT IN A MAN (my tastes haven’t changed since 2002)
3. Character & Dependability
4. Bigness of Heart — Generous
5. Intelligence (Brilliance)
6. Prefer Older Men
7. Maturity — Balanced not a fanatical extremist
8. Greatness — concerned for justice and human rights with the courage to follow through
9. Sense of humor, in the sense that the man can laugh at himself and doesn’t have an oversized ego.
10. He must love me with a genuine concern for my health and welfare, and a desire to love me with tenderness, depth and sensitivity. I can tell if a man loves me.
11. He must accept me the way I am and not try to reform me into his perfect woman.
12. Emotionally honest, with the courage to reveal his heart to me, to be transparent, and with a commitment to intimacy, emotional sensitivity, and loving one partner above all others. This does not mean possessiveness, but an absolute trust in me — to the point that he’d bare his soul to me like he would no other, which would result in a commitment to emotional closeness. I must feel one with him as if he was a natural extension of my body, like my arm or leg. An extreme trust — my best and most committed friend.
13. Not jealous. We must give each other the freedom to have friendships with the opposite sex, but in terms of emotional closeness — he should feel closer to me than any other woman. A strong emotional intimacy and transparency between us would tend to lessen jealousy, because we would be so close we would not feel threatened by the encroachment of others. Also, because both the man and I would be generous, we would want our partner to have the freedom to enjoy others besides ourselves.