Well, look at my list down below, that I wrote in May 2002. My tastes haven’t changed. Jesus Christ meets everything on my list. He’s my perfect lover.
Hey, I only wanted Brent Spiner and Vladimir Putin. The rest got put on some marriage list, that I had nothing to do with. I’m past the infatuation stage with both Brent (1991 to now) and Vladimir (2001 to now). I stand by my men because this is what my husband Jesus would want me to do. It’s the right and honorable thing to do.
Philippians–“I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith, to be content.” So I’m happy, enjoying my honeymoon with Jesus. No human being can meet all our needs, only Jesus can do that. I realize that, and am living accordingly. I live to GIVE, not to TAKE. I enjoy ministering to (and sticking up for) my imperfect, but respectable men. Perhaps I will only be able to minister to them long distance for the rest of my life. I rest in Jesus.
I love both Brent and Vladimir, realize that neither is perfect, would marry one in the normal sense of the word “marriage” (you know, like a regular married couple living under one roof), if one ever had the guts to show up and not be terrified by Jesuits. I understand their fears, don’t judge them for it–but just prefer Jesus Christ above them all. There are other men on my marriage list (at least forty guys, I think–good grief– Brent and Vladimir are crazy!), but I don’t know any of these men well enough to comment about them, so I’ll refrain–nor am I certain I’d marry them. If one of the men on my marriage list, wants to join me in my honeymoon with Jesus, they’re welcome. In the meanwhile, I’m not waiting for any man on my marriage list to show up (Jesuits are too scary) and marry me in the normal sense of the word marriage, and the only men I feel comfortable about marrying in the normal sense of the word marriage are Vladimir Putin or Brent Spiner. But I’m over this obsession I used to have to wait for Brent or Vladimir to show up. I did that from December 1999 to about February 2006.
I’m having my honeymoon now. Jesus Christ is a perfectly adequate lover.
Reprint from a statement Gail wrote on 5-31-02
WHAT I WANT IN A MAN (my tastes haven’t changed since 2002)
- Character & Dependability
- Bigness of Heart — Generous
- Intelligence (Brilliance)
- Prefer Older Men
- Maturity —Balanced not a fanatical extremist
- Greatness — concerned for justice and human rights with the courage to follow through
- Sense of humor, in the sense that the man can laugh at himself and doesn’t have an over-sized ego.
- He must love me with a genuine concern for my health and welfare, and a desire to love me with tenderness, depth and sensitivity. I can tell if a man loves me.
- He must accept me the way I am and not try to reform me into his perfect woman.
- Emotionally honest, with the courage to reveal his heart to me, to be transparent, and with a commitment to intimacy, emotional sensitivity, and loving one partner above all others. This does not mean possessiveness, but an absolute trust in me — to the point that he’d bare his soul to me like he would no other, which would result in a commitment to emotional closeness. I must feel one with him as if he was a natural extension of my body, like my arm or leg.An extreme trust — my best and most committed friend.
- Not jealous. We must give each other the freedom to have friendships with the opposite sex, but in terms of emotional closeness — he should feel closer to me than any other woman. A strong emotional intimacy and transparency between us would tend to lessen jealousy, because we would be so close we would not feel threatened by the encroachment of others. Also, because both the man and I would be generous, we would want our partner to have the freedom to enjoy others besides ourselves.
Copyright © 2002 – 2018 Gail Chord Schuler. All Rights Reserved.